Ecotourism for the Travel Industry
More and more travelers are demanding that the tourism industry go green and offer responsible and sustainable ecotourism.
The companies that are able to deliver environmentally friendly business practices stand to gain a competitive advantage, reduced operating costs, and more revenue.
Why Should You Care about Ecotourism – The Statistics Don’t Lie
- CMI Green found that over 90% of “green conscious” travelers choose travel and hospitality companies that actively conserve the environment and contribute to the local community.
- The National Geographic Center for Sustainable Destinations found that 65 million US households support “tourism that sustains or enhances the geographical character of a place.”
- Up to 40% of international travelers are interested in wildlife watching and related tours.
- 93% of Conde Nast Traveler readers believe travel companies should be responsible for protecting the environment.
- A recent TripAdvisor survey found that 71% of tourists plan to make more eco-friendly travel choices.
- Nielsen Wire Survey found that 66% of consumers prefer to buy from companies that give back to society and 46% are ready to pay extra to purchase from socially responsible companies.
If you are a tour operator you can start implementing an environmentally friendly and green ecotourism policy that can reduce your costs, attract new business, give you a competitive advantage, improve your reputation, help your local community, and most importantly, help save the environment.
Hotels, hostels, apartment rentals, and even camping sites can start implementing a responsible and sustainable ecotourism policy that drives new business, reduces costs, gives a competitive advantage, improves your reputation, supports the local community, and conserves the environment.